I was not prepared
I made my moves
I kept marching through
I was not OK
I am so EXCITED
It’s been a few years since I’ve been genuinely excited for the coming year.
Since Covid, its been one hell of a ride.
I rolled with each punch, making big changes to keep my family safe and healthy.
That meant working myself to the bone.
I’ve always believed that hard work pays dividends, and I am so grateful that I’ve been able to take a break.
After a few months to reset I’ve come roaring back.
I am PUMPED for 2024.
One of the big takeaways for me during this time off is that I need to build things.
I got that dog in me, as the kids say:
- I started building in October.LETSGO
- I didn’t have any lofty goals, I just had to do something creative and productive.
- Started documenting the creative process, creating some of my best written work.
- is now a 6 part series, each entry over 1000 words.Building A Music Engine
I’ve built some of my best work in 2023.
I fully expect 2024 to blow that work out of the water.
Make LETSGO a playable game.
- Move it from light prototype to a vertical slice of a game.
- Continue documenting the journey
- Learn the C++
Release an EP
- So far I’ve produced about 30 minutes of original music
- In 2024 I want to release my unpublished music as part of an EP
- I expect exactly zero listeners, but I think its dope as hell to have self-published an honest-to-God music album.
Start teaching karate
- I dont talk about it too much, mostly because its not in the digital realm, but I’ve been practicing karate for over a decade
- Honestly the thing I hate most about Covid is that I probably would have been a black belt if not for it. (I’m currently 3rd kyu - brown belt)
- Regardless, the best way for me to progress any further is to start teaching.
Start Livestreaming my creative work
- I’ve been slowly building towards becoming a streamer.
- Streaming professionally is one hell of a grind. Stream, edit, publish, every single day.
- Doing it professionally is probably not for me, but streaming while I work on my projects seems like a great step. I really believe in building out in the open and everything I’ve built so far is accessible on the internet.
And that’s just the stuff in my personal life. Professionally I’m hoping for a big year as well. My skills, confidence and experience is at an all time high- I’ve never been more productive in my life.
2024 is going to be a big one.
I am SO ready.